After a baby is born, the next step is taking good care of them by giving them proper nutrition. That is where breastfeeding comes in. Breastfeeding in the first few months after birth is vital to the newborn’s health because the baby will get the essential proteins and antibodies. Antibodies help to boost the child’s immunity and assist them in fighting diseases.
What is more is they get that directly from the mother. Breast milk will help your baby to have a stronger and better jaw and aids in their overall development. Research shows that children who ingest breast milk at early stages are healthier and stay fit when compared to babies who skip breast milk.
Bottles vs. Breasts
Some mothers do not love the breastfeeding due to various reasons. Preferring not to breastfeed needs not cause any worries as there are bottles specifically designed for such tasks. Parents who want to offer their babies the feeling of breastfeeding without necessarily breastfeeding should purchase these particular bottles. One such bottle is Joovy Boob Glass Baby Bottle, arguably the most innovative baby bottle available today. The bottle will give your child a similar experience to breastfeeding.
Before choosing the best bottle for breastfeeding babies, here are some of the important factors to consider:
- The bottle’s size and shape- the shape and size should be in such a way that it is possible to hold with ease by the child. Start with small bottles and after a while, switch to a bigger bottle.
- The material – conventional materials are silicone, glass, stainless steel and plastic. I highly recommend glass bottles. Whereas plastic bottles are affordable, light and shatterproof, glass bottles last longer.
- Nipples and flow- they come in various ranges and levels, and you should select a nipple with a good flow and shape that resembles the mother’s breast.
- Ease of cleaning – the bottle should be kept clean at all times using warm water, before and after usage.
- Price – you should be able to purchase a bottle without straining your budget.
It is important to mention that the introduction of a bottle should be slow. Let the baby learn using the bottle at their pace; there is no need to hurry them up. A good strategy is doing so at night after you have breastfed your baby for 2-3 weeks. The transition process from breast to bottle can turn out to be a frustrating and delicate one. Joovy Boob Glass has realized this, and with its innovations, they aim at making the bottle a natural choice with easy transitions. Even if you breastfeed your child till they are no longer a small baby, a bottle is essential after a certain age.
Key features found in a Joovy Boob Glass Baby Bottle.
- The bottle has a distinctive and ergonomic design that allows easy storage or refrigeration of baby milk for future use. Anytime your child cries in hunger, just give them the milk in the bottle.
- The bottle is available in clear color with or without Silicone Sleeve baked to provide more strength. The silicone sleeves cushions protect and make the bottle look beautiful and appealing to the baby.
- Has a new nipple design that makes the process as natural as possible for the baby.
- Available in two sizes: 5 oz. and 8 oz. The 1-piece Clean Flow vent is very easy to clean with the tabs fitting perfectly to the neck of the bottle to get rid of any miss-fittings.
- The bottle is made of state-of-the-art materials to avoid damage to the breast milk’s fundamental components.
- Glass Boob Bottles manufacture takes place in clean room environment. Colors include Green, Blue, Pink and Yellow.
- The lid ensures that instances of possible leakage do not occur, especially in the transferring process.
- The bottle has a marker for measurement purposes. The marked bottles will help you know the amount of milk you have given you baby as directed by the pediatrician.
- Has clean flow vent technology to prevent colic symptoms by reducing air intake. It eliminates the possibility of negative pressure and vacuum effect that causes inner ear complications in babies.
- Convenient and safe – this bottle allows you to give the baby milk when the need arises. It is BPA, BPS, phthalates and lead free which means it is safe to use.
- Helps the baby get the antibodies and nutrients they need for better health without necessarily breastfeeding them.
- You can choose to buy a single pack, three pack or gift set. You can surprise a new mother with the gift set.
- Has advanced nipple design to make the experience a satisfying one for the baby. The texture of the nipple has bumps and wrinkles to make the transition from breast to the bottle much easier.
- The nipple is deeply and widely shaped for a natural latch reinforced with soft twice baked silicone which is durable to avert nipple collapse.
- The bottle is available in 5 flows ranging from preemie for newborn babies to X-cut for older kids taking thicker fluids. Joovy tests them for consistency throughout the whole production process.
- The glass bottle does not absorb color, taste or odor. Besides, it is recyclable which helps keep our environment greener.
- Joovy have an incredible customer service that will attend to your concerns and address your issues in real time.
- Glass has a risk of shattering when it falls.
- More expensive than bottles made of other materials.
- Some people have reported difficulty when sealing the lid.
- If the cap doesn’t seal properly, it may lead to leaking.
- The ounce markings rub off after continued use.
Tips and precautions to take when using Joovy Boob Glass Baby Bottle
The boob glass bottle withstands sudden temperature changes of 80 degrees Celsius. You should, however, be very careful when transferring the contents from a cold to a hot environment as it can cause breakage. If the liquids in the bottle freeze, this can also break the class. You should, therefore, avoid extreme temperatures. The freezer is a no go zone for your favorite bottle. Take care when washing the bottles in a dishwasher, ensure that glass bottles avoid contact to avoid breakage.
The optional silicone sleeve reduces damages by slipping. It also provides a substantial cushion against drops and bumps.
Bottle or breast is a discussion that has elicited mixed reactions in various online forms. As a mother the way you think is best to feed your child with milk is entirely up to you. Whether you decide to give your baby breast milk, formula milk or a combination of both, after a period of 24 months, they will eventually need to use a bottle. Try this incredible innovation to revolutionize how you breastfeed your baby.