Infants have very delicate digestive systems and one of the most common concerns of parents and caregivers alike is to find a suitable milk formula that will reduce digestive trouble and keep baby healthy and well. Some babies are even more sensitive and would require a special formula due to allergies. Cow’s milk allergy is one common allergy in infants and relying on a safe and nutritious milk formula solution would help manage allergies.
What is Nutramigen with Enflora LGG?
Nutramigen Enflora LGG is a new milk formula developed for infants up to 12 months of age. It is a unique formula that helps babies build tolerance to cow’s milk protein and reduce colic due to cow’s milk allergy in just 48 hours. It offers complete nutrition for infants which are very crucial to develop key milestone learning and skills during the first year of life.
What are the main features of this baby formula?
- Provides all the nutrients that babies need for optimum development during the first year. It contains essential nutrients such as Vitamin A, Vitamin D and Choline to help baby develop physically and mentally.
- Contains probiotic LGG. This is helpful live bacteria that support digestive health.
- Probiotic LGG increases infant’s tolerance to cow’s milk allergy
- Is lactose-fee so that it is easy to digest; with hypoallergenic proteins which are smaller than regular protein to prevent allergies
- Backed by more than 70 studies on safety and effectiveness
- Contains DHA and ARA to promote brain and eye development
- Available in 19.8 oz. powder can in packs of 4 for more savings.
What are the advantages of using Nutramigen with Enflora LGG?
- This milk formula reduces colic and other effects of milk allergy. Because of colic, babies tend to become cranky, have reduced sleep and may become very irritable and all in all may affect his overall health and development. Sometimes it takes a simple change in formula for babies to feel at ease, relaxed and have plenty of sleep.
- Brain development skyrocket during a person’s first year of life and supporting this crucial time with milk formula that has all the important nutrients is essential. Nutrients found in Nutramigen Enflora LGG all contribute to the proper development of baby’s brain. Vitamin A, vitamin D and Choline all help make baby brighter and healthier from the first year of life, onwards. This milk formula also contains DHA and AHA which are also known to support baby during his first year
Vitamin A – vitamin A is crucial for good health and proper development. It provides an important role in developing vision, bone growth and development and boosts babies’ health by preventing infections. Vitamin A is necessary for the proper growth of cells and tissues especially hair, skin and nail tissues. Nutramigen Enflora LGG contains 300 IU vitamin A per serving. Other sources of vitamin A are carrot juice, sweet potato, spinach, kale, squash, red bell pepper, instant oatmeal, cantaloupe and broccoli to name a few.
Vitamin D – babies need regular doses of vitamin D to be able to build strong bones and teeth. Low levels of this vitamin makes babies susceptible to rickets which is a disease that affects the way bones develop. It is therefore crucial for infants to have vitamin D in their diet as early as they are born to ensure that they develop healthy bones. Nutramigen Enflora LGG contains 50 IU of vitamin D per serving. Other sources of vitamin D are sunlight, food like salmon, tuna and liver and vitamin supplements.
Choline – this is an essential micronutrient that is needed for nervous system development. It promotes better nerve signaling, cell membrane maintenance and transport of triglycerides to the liver which are all important in early brain development. Nutramigen Enflora LGG contains 24 mg Choline per serving. Other sources of choline are eggs, beef, soy foods, sprouts, salmon and broccoli to name a few.
DHA and AHA – these are fatty acids that are needed in the proper brain development of infants. Its role in the development of the brain and eyes has been cited in numerous studies which is why it has been added in every serving of Nutramigen Enflora LGG.
- This formula reduces allergies in infants. Milk formula allergy does not just cause colic; if untreated infants could suffer from diarrhea and dehydration.
- This formula contains friendly live bacteria that help combat bad bacteria in the colon. Bad bacteria are opportunistic; when baby is not well or is suffering from cow’s milk allergies, it can take the opportunity to multiply can cause illness. By taking a milk formula that can place bad bacteria at bay, babies can quickly recover from illness or the effects of milk allergy.
- When baby gets complete nutrition from a milk formula, he is more likely to be ready for his next milestone. His rapidly developing brain will make him more receptive to stimuli and allow him to talk, walk and even learn new things earlier than other infants using average milk formula.
Are there any disadvantages to its use?
- Nutramigen Enflora LGG works well in preventing cow’s milk allergy symptoms but a lot of parents agree that it does not taste good. Some would add the formula to regular formula or to fruit juice just for their babies to take it sometimes to no avail.
- Complaints such as the price are also very common. Nutramigen Enflora LGG is available online for around $26 per 12.6 oz. can however; a special promo offer is available at Amazon.com for around $140 for a pack of 4 – 19.8 oz. cans. This gives customers a savings of around $8 or 3% covered by free shipping and free returns.
Nutramigen with Enflora LGG works well in protecting baby’s delicate stomach against the symptoms of cow’s milk allergy. It also aids in developing tolerance and keeps baby healthy through using good bacteria. It is a formula that offers complete infant nutrition and with bonus AHA and DHA for optimum brain and eye development. However, the taste of the formula may not be too pleasant for infants to take. The price is not too economical either. Taking steps to make the formula tastier and more tolerable could be done and taking advantage e of great discounts from online stores such as Amazon.com could help consumers save money on their purchases. All in all, Nutramigen Enflora LGG is a good alternative to cow’s milk and will greatly reduce colic despite its taste. It is a milk formula that should be recommended to parents with babies that suffer from colic and milk allergies.
How to purchase baby formula
It is crucial to find the best and the safest milk formula for your child and to make sure that your baby is getting all the right nutrients and avoiding milk allergy symptoms the best strategy is always to consult your baby’s doctor.