There’s no doubt that being a mum means you probably feel very run down every now and again. No doubt, you’re running your home, possibly working too and you’re looking after the kids! You might even find that your husband or partner is another kid that needs looking after. You’re a superhero! Yes, your days are ridiculously full and you don’t have time to get ill. Long gone are the days you could take time off from work to sit on your sofa eating chocolates and watching the television. Who will cook dinner? Or wash the clothes? Who will take the children to school? It’s you of course, so you possibly need some great supplements to add to your diet to keep you fit, healthy and ready to roll!
Not a Meal Replacement
Now, it’s wise to bear in mind that supplements are not a meal replacement. It’s vital that you enjoy a healthy diet with a good balance of protein, carbs and good fats. Eating well means you will automatically get all those vitamins and minerals needed to stay fit. However, most mums don’t really eat well every day – there are often long, busy days and that mean you have to grab something fast without worrying about nutrition. So it’s never a bad thing to have some great supplements close to hand to help you through those days.
Get the Right Supplements
Most people do feel they need an extra boost, even if they eat well. Vitamin and minerals are imperative for fighting illness because they play a large role in keeping the immune system healthy. The right supplements can also help to lift lagging energy levels and give your skin the glow you want. Some supplements are noted for their ability to aid healthy hair and nail growth. Of course, it’s always a good idea to mention to your doctor if you feel run down. Especially if you know you do everything you can to keep yourself healthy but suffer with bouts of illness, brittle hair, bad hair days and so on.
Here’s what you should add to your shopping list and the sooner you start taking supplements, the quicker you’ll benefit. Generally, supplements take three months to get into your system so do be patient when looking for results!
- Vitamin A is great for strengthening a lacking immune system however if you’re pregnant then don’t take it as a supplement without advice from your doctor. Too much Vitamin A can be damaging. The RDA for a woman is 600mcg and for a man, 700mcg.
- High Potency: 10,000 IU per single softgel. Supports Healthy Vision & Immune System and Healthy Growth & Reproduction.
- Superior Quality: Laboratory tested NON-GMO. All Bronson products are tested in our state-of-the-art cGMP registered facility in New York.
- Trusted Since 1960: The pioneers of Bronson Vitamins were a group of pharmacists who witnessed the benefits of vitamins and mineral supplementation firsthand with their patients. Bronson Vitamins have been consistently mentioned by top medical professionals since our inception in 1960.
- Good old Vitamin C acts as a vital antioxidant that fights free radicals. Free radicals are pollutants such as cigarettes smoke, industrial fumes and the sun. All of these play havoc with your skin cells and in cell renewal in general. Vitamin C is very good for your heart and various studies over the years show how it can even help in fighting skin cancer. For those of you who want to banish the fine lines appearing, Vitamin C is the answer as it helps to build up collagen stores. Collagen depletes as you age and the sun also breaks it down (as does smoking). This vitamin is great for staving off flu and colds. The recommended RDA is 40mg for adults.
- SUSTAINED RELEASE: NOW Vitamin C-1000 was specially formulated to provide a sustained release of vitamin C, known for its vital role in the immune system*
- WITH ROSE HIPS: Added source of vitamin C!
- CERTIFICATIONS/CLASSIFICATIONS: Vegan/Vegetarian, Quality GMP Assured, Non-GMO, Soy Free, Kosher
- Vitamin D is essential for healthy bones, eyes and immune system. The problem is, most mums spend their day inside dealing with those essential chores and Vitamin D primarily comes from the sun. Get outdoors as much as you can and top up your Vitamin D levels with a supplement. The RDA for adults is 125mcg.
- POTENT AND POWERFUL: Known as the "sunshine vitamin," Vitamin D helps maintain strong bones by helping you metabolize calcium and supports a healthy immune system. Our Vitamin D3 delivers the same biologically active form of vitamin D that is produced in the body from direct sunlight without the risk of unprotected UVA and UVB exposure. Daily intake is essential for calcium absorption and maintaining healthy bones and teeth.
- ORGANIC COCONUT OIL: D3 is fat soluble and it is difficult for the body to absorb if not taken with a fat, which is why we added cold pressed organic virgin coconut oil to our softgel to aid your body with absorption. Our easy-to-swallow vitamin D3 capsules are the easiest, most convenient way to add this essential micronutrient to your daily ritual
- PREMIUM QUALITY: Sports Research takes pride in offering products that use only the best ingredients available so that you can have total peace of mind in the supplements that you are taking. Our vitamin D (as Cholecalciferol) supplement is certified non-GMO and free of soybean oil and safflower oil. Formulated with organic coconut oil.
- Another excellent vitamin is Vitamin E because it protects cell membranes. It’s also believed to prevent heart disease and some cancers. Additionally, this is a hydrating vitamin so it’s good for restoring your skin, especially if it is dry or flaky. Not many people are deficient in Vitamin E but there is no harm in upping your intake. The RDA for an adult is 10mg.
- Selenium is an essential mineral that is excellent in preventing illness because it works to keep your immune system up to scratch. Add 200mcg per day to your diet.
- Immune System, Thyroid, Heart & Metabolism Support: Selenium naturally supports immune system, healthy thyroid, prostate & heart function. Selenium may also play a key role in metabolism in both men and women.
- Chelated Superior Absorption Selenium: By utilizing the premier manufacturer of chelated minerals (Albion), Bronson’s Selenium 200 MCG provides easy absorption, stability and overall quality. Albion Minerals are backed by science and an impressive 150+ patents ranging from manufacturing processes to food applications.
- Yeast Free Essential Micronutrient Selenium Amino Acid Complex: Selenium is a natural micronutrient that may play a vital role in many essential body functions.
- If you feel lethargic and tired all the time, no matter whether you sleep well or not, perhaps your hair is looking lacklustre or your nails have become brittle, then you might be lacking in iron. Before embarking on iron supplementation, you should see your doctor as too much iron can also have its problems. If you eat a vegetarian or vegan diet you might be lacking in iron as you may well not ingest enough protein. A little extra could well help to lift your energy levels. Iron is also essential for good hair, nails and skin. The RDA for a woman is 15mg (for men it’s 9mg).
- HIGH POTENCY: Our 30mg Iron tablet chews are gentle on the stomach, non-constipating, and highly absorbable. Our Ferrochel vegan iron supplements provide high bioavailability.
- GREAT VALUE: At Mother Nutrient, we believe in providing our customers with supplements at a great value. That is why we give you a huge one hundred (100) tablet chews per bottle. This huge amount of chewables equates to a one hundred (100) day supply!
- EASY TO TAKE: We made our chewable tablets with a delectable cherry flavor that contains only 2g of sugar. Enjoy and look forward to taking our delicious and tasty cherry flavored tablets daily!
- For those of you who often feel low but it’s not SAD related, try Equalling B Vitamins (B Complex) as these are excellent for helping to level anxiety and reducing depression. The RDA for women is 1.1mg and 1mg for men.
- Contains All B Vitamins: B1, B2, B3, B6, Folic Acid, B12, Biotin, Pantothanic Acid. Manufactured at cGMP registered facility. Laboratory tested NON-GMO, Gluten Free and Soy Free.
- Sustained Release + Energy: Slowly releases over 6-8 hours to provide a steady balanced stream of B vitamins (Vitamin B2, B3, B6, B9, B12). Maintain healthy energy levels throughout the day.
- Extra Potent Source of B-Complex Vitamins: Our extra strength formula contains all the essential B Vitamins in just one tablet. If you'd rather take your B Vitamins (like B 12 & 6) together to maximize the benefits, trust Bronson brand! Since 1960 Bronson offers one of the most effective and powerful Vitamin B-Complex formulas available.
- Magnesium is good for supporting the central nervous system and muscles. Lack of magnesium can result in restless legs, twitching and palpitation. It’s also excellent for poor sleepers as it helps to combat fatigue. RDA for women is 310mg, for men, 400mg.
- If you suffer with SAD then introduce Omega 3 Fatty Acid to your diet as it’s renowned to boost low mood and keep you focused on what’s important. For adults, take 450mg daily.
- SUPER POTENT: Just one (1) of our Omega 3 fish oil liquid capsules contains at least 1,040 milligrams of Omega 3 fatty acids from wild-caught natural Alaskan Pollock. Our essential fatty acid nutritional supplements are ultra concentrated without the use of harmfully high heat to give you more essential triglyceride fish oil nutrients per soft gel.
- ESSENTIAL FATTY ACIDS: Omega 3 fatty acids found in fish oil help support your cardiovascular health, brain function and immune system. The EPA and DHA in our omega 3 supplements act as the ideal brain, heart, and immune support for a healthier, happier you.
- SAY GOODBYE TO FISHY BURPS: Our easy-to-swallow softgels have no fishy aftertaste and won't cause any fish burps like other lower quality bulk supplements. Our DHA and EPA supplement is non-GMO verified, pescatarian friendly, and IFOS 5-star certified. Our brain and heart support vitamins for adults are the easiest and most convenient one-and-done pure omega 3 daily fish oil supplements.
You could also drink a probiotic every day which is excellent for gut health and keeping your digestive system in tip-top condition!
Just upping your supplement intake a little every day should be enough to keep you healthy and well but you must remember to take your capsules regularly. Your body (inside and out) will really reap the benefits and you will feel better than ever. Always seek guidance from your doctor if you have any health concerns or you can’t shake off an illness. It’s also worth discussing supplementation with your doctor before adding Vitamins and Minerals to your diet, remember they are not a replacement for food.