We welcome contributions. Writing for us, you can change lives, reach a global audience, achieve your professional dreams, work with top-notch editors, and set your own schedule!
It does not matter if you are an expert in babies and health or just an everyday man or woman on a journey. If you have an interesting story or advice relating to these topics, we want to hear from you!
What we’re looking for
You may submit a rough draft, a partial draft, or a short pitch (a paragraph or two summarizing your argument and why it matters to our readers) paired with an outline. The more complete your submission is, the better feedback we can give you. Keep in mind that we only accept original content—we do not publish anything that’s been published elsewhere (including on your blog).
- Baby Formula: Reviews, New Products, Discounts
- Motherly Advice: Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding, General Advice
- Health & Nutrition: Recipes, Foods to Eat, Foods to Ignore, Health Tips
- Other: Anything else that is useful to new parents
What we publish
We publish three types of content:
- Features (1,500–2,500 words). Meets most rigorous content and editorial criteria; runs with a custom illustration.
- Articles (600–1,500 words). More casual in tone and content. Great for less-intensive tutorials and posts.
- Mini-articles (500–600 words). Short and sweet.
How to submit (and what happens next)
Email us your submission. We prefer submissions as Google documents so that editors can easily provide feedback and guidance directly within your draft. You may also send us a plaintext file, a Markdown file, or a link to an HTML document. (Please do not send a ZIP file of assets unless requested by an editor.)
Here’s what happens after you hit Send:
- An editor will review your submission and determine whether it’s a potential fit. If so, the whole team will review and discuss it. This happens once a week.
- The editor will collect the team’s feedback and get back to you with notes. (We rarely accept an article the first time around, but we’ll tell you if we’re interested.)
- Once you’ve addressed our comments, send your revised draft back. The team will discuss it again and let you know if we want to accept it.
- If we accept your article, an editor will work closely with you on things like organization, argumentation, and style.
- We’ll schedule you for publication as soon as revisions are complete. We can’t give you a specific publication date until the article is almost ready to go live.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Will I be paid?
A: Writing for BestBabyFormula.net is not a paid position. We highly value any contribution and will promote the article on social media and to our email list. You will also get an author bio at the end of the article that will include a link to your website and your social profiles. In addition to this, new articles will be featured on the homepage for a limited time. This is a great way to build exposure to your brand or business.
Q: Can I post the articles on my own site?
A: We encourage all of our writers to promote the article through their social media and blog. This being said, it is highly discouraged from duplicating the content anywhere. This hurts both your site and ours. Please do not do it.
Q: How Often Can/Should I Write?
A: We are interested in people who are enthusiastic and experts on the topics above. Ideally, you would write at least once or twice a month. There is no limit on the amount of articles you can write. If you only feel like writing 1 article, but that article is a quality piece of information, we will never bug you to write more. Write as much or as little as you please!
Get Started Writing!
To get started, please complete the form below. To set up your author profile once approved and set up with an account, you will be required to include 2-5 sentences for an author profile and set up your profile image through Gravatar.
Thank you for your interest!